Lydia, Portland mama to Mo and corporate advertising career woman, shared a mothers day wish list with us. Portland mothers might especially find some inspiration in gift requests this weekend! Lydia writes a blog that, as she puts it, "consists of unprofessional photos and run-on sentences." called Making La Madre. I know how that is with my limited interest in grammar. (sorry, kinda.) Anyways, check it out because she is definitely an inspiring and fun woman to get to know.
Lydias Wish List
1) Wake up with Mike & Mo and head out for breakfast in our hood at little t bakery. We order a croissant, plate of eggs and the little skinny baguette with jam & butter and share it all. SO GOOD.
(I conquer. Little T is the best.)
2) A little arrangement of flowers from fieldwork, shop owner Megan is a mama and the most fun florist I have ever met! I love supporting her shop, plus her arrangements pack so much personality.
3) A new pair of vintage loved in levis from my favorite spot for denim Mister Sister up the street on Hawthorne. Both Mike and I love the denim selection at this shop, it is a family run store by Lauren & Ben. Mo has the best time literally running circles around the shop with their son Bowie.
4) Tickets to the Rosé Dinner in June at SE Wine Collective, our neighborhood winery that bottles wine by local wine makers and features the food of all star chef Althea Potter.
5) The Vero bracelet in bronze by Seattle designer Faris. I love the ease of ‘everyday’ accessories. My rings, earrings and necklace never come off. I am consistently on the hunt for a bracelet to add to my ‘always on’ accessories game. Something simple yet unique, that does not require care and can be worn 24/7. I can’t be bothered to take it off for showers, swimming or bedtime. Truth be told, I just bought this exact bracelet for myself when I was in LA recently for work. A late birthday/ early Madre day gift to me from me.
6) A couple dozen orders of the mini donuts at Pips. Donuts and Mother’s Day go hand in hand in my family. Donuts are my mom’s favorite treat, so the day is not complete without gifting her a dozen. The minis from Pips are perfect for sharing and not over indulging.
7) Finally, the latest issue of Motherhood Magazine. That would be incredibly thoughtful if Mike came up with that on his own. (image credit Twiggs Hood River)